Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF)
3 Abdel Khalek Tharwat Street, El Hay El Motamayez, P.O. Box 23 6th October City, Egypt - Tel.: +202 38247272 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data collected
Among the types of personal data that CAF Digital Platforms collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies; Usage Data.
Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or, in case of usage data, collected automatically when using CAF Digital Platforms.
Unless specified otherwise, all data requested by CAF Digital Platforms is mandatory and failure to provide this data may make it impossible or at least difficult for CAF Digital Platforms to provide its services. In cases where CAF Digital Platforms specifically states that some data is not mandatory, users are free not to communicate this data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the service.
Users who are uncertain about which personal data is mandatory are welcome to contact the CAF.
Users are responsible for any third-party personal data obtained, published or shared through CAF Digital Platforms and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the data to CAF.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
CAF takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data.
The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to CAF, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of CAF Digital Platforms (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by CAF. The updated list of these parties may be requested from CAF at any time.
Legal basis of processing
CAF may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislation CAF may be allowed to process personal data until the user objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases.
- provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which CAF is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in CAF;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by CAF or by a third party.
In any case, CAF will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The data is processed at CAF's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the user's location, data transfers may involve transferring the user's data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred data, users can check the section containing details about the processing of personal data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by CAF to safeguard their data.
If any such transfer takes place, users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with CAF using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between CAF and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal data collected for the purposes of CAF’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by CAF within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting CAF.
CAF may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, CAF may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The data concerning the user is collected to allow CAF to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Advertising, Analytics and Hosting and backend infrastructure.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific personal data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
This type of service allows user data to be utilized for advertising communication purposes displayed in the form of banners and other advertisements on CAF Digital Platforms, possibly based on user interests.
This does not mean that all personal data are used for this purpose. Information and conditions of use are shown below.
Users may also opt-out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.
Google Ad Manager (Google Ireland Limited)
Google Ad Manager is an advertising service provided by Google Ireland Limited that allows CAF to run advertising campaigns in conjunction with external advertising networks that CAF, unless otherwise specified in this document, has no direct relationship with. In order to opt out from being tracked by various advertising networks, Users may make use of Youronlinechoices. In order to understand Google's use of data, consult Google's partner policy.
This service uses the “DoubleClick” Cookie, which tracks use of CAF Digital Platforms and User behavior concerning ads, products and services offered.
Users may decide to disable all the DoubleClick Cookies by going to: Google Ad Settings.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies; Usage Data.
The services contained in this section enable CAF to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Ireland Limited)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of CAF Digital Platforms, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
The service is a Google-backed application development software that enables developers to develop iOS, Android and Web apps.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
This type of service has the purpose of hosting data and files that enable CAF Digital Platforms to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of CAF Digital Platforms.
Some services among those listed below, if any, may work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the personal data are stored.
Cloudinary (Cloudinary Ltd.)
Cloudinary is a hosting service provided by Cloudinary Ltd.
Akamai Content Delivery Network (Akamai Technologies, Inc.)
Akamai is a hosting service provided by Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Personal data collected: Cookies; usage data.
Microsoft Azure (Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Azure is a hosting service provided by Microsoft Corporation.
Privacy Shield participant.
Further information about Personal Data
Users may in most cases opt-out of receiving push notifications by visiting their device settings, such as the notification settings for mobile phones, and then change those settings for CAF Digital Platforms, some or all of the apps on the particular device.
Users must be aware that disabling push notifications may negatively affect the utility of CAF Digital Platforms.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by CAF.
In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by CAF, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, CAF will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from CAF.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where personal data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in CAF or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by CAF, users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their personal data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether CAF is processing personal data for direct marketing purposes, users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise user rights can be directed to CAF through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by CAF as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The user's personal data may be used for legal purposes by CAF in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of CAF Digital Platforms or the related Services.
The user declares to be aware that CAF may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, CAF Digital Platforms and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with CAF Digital Platforms (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of personal data may be requested from CAF at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
CAF Digital Platforms does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the user’s consent, CAF shall collect new consent from the user, where required.
Definitions and legal references
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of Human Right and General Data Protection Regulation.
Limitation of Liability
By accepting to use CAF’s website, the user accepts to release CAF in advance from any responsibility or liability whatsoever except for cases of fraud and willful misconduct.